Friday, April 17, 2009

Artistry

This morning, a strong thunderstorm blew through the Texas Hill Country challenging me on my drive to work! Heavy rain, strong winds and hail were included in the drama. I love the power in a thunderstorm. The phrase "the calm before the storm" is true before and after a storm. Right now, the winds are calm and the air is still. This is such a good reminder to the drama of life. Yes, the storms come and they are challenging when I am in the midst, but the calm returns and I can breathe deeply and easily once again. So, along the way, through the storms of life, I revel in the artistry of the drama in each day....

ARTISTRY

In the theater of this life,
there is no finer seat in the house
than my porch swing.

From here I watch the trees dance,
the deer run and jump,
the clouds paint beauty across the blue canvas.

The storm’s drama thunders,
keeping me on the edge of my seat.

The light and shadows on the living painting before me,
continue to transform the image
with highlights changing by the moment.

The symphony of birds’ songs are
underscored by the whistle of the wind
and the buzz of the bees,
the vibrations of the cicadas.

This drama touches my heart,
this orchestra moves my spirit,
this artistry humbles my soul.

1 comment:

  1. Nice Mary Lou...love the imagery. I don't have a porch swing (wish I did) but the second stanza puts me in the mountains.

    ReplyDelete