Monday, April 13, 2009

Anointed

...and Easter arrives...in our hearts and in our lives...

Anointed

The Water
It is deep, I dive in, I feel it smooth across my skin.
It is cleansing, I am washed, as my pores drink it in.
It is cool, it refreshes, it awakens, I feel alive.
I am baptized by the Spirit, scrubbed and new I am revived.

The Blood
It is life, it is pumped, it is coursing through my veins.
It is cleansing to my heart and it washes all my stains.
It is warm, it purifies, it is given out of love.
I am sanctified by its shedding and am raised with Him above.

The Bread
It is strength, it is substance, it is the body giv’n for me.
It brings fullness and a wholeness more than the eye can see.
It is unleavened, yet is raised, it is broken, it is shared.
I take it in my mouth, yet my soul is what is spared.

The Oil
It is from a vessel poured, it is a seal upon my head.
It is rubbed as an ointment, from it new light is shed.
I am set apart as holy, consecrated and appointed.
I am dedicated, devoted, by His love I am anointed.

1 comment: