Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas 2012!



We wish you joy and peace this Christmas season as you take time to reflect upon and remember the most precious gift given to us.

THE MESSAGE

“Like a message in a bottle, I was thrown out to sea. I didn’t ask to be the message, I didn’t want to be thrown out to sea. While it is a good message and I love the sea, I did not expect this to happen to me. Safe in my orderly tablet, I fit in nicely with all the rest. Now I was bouncing along, being tossed about by waves, nudged by sea creatures, pounded by rain showers, baked by sun’s rays. Sure, there were times of peacefulness – floating on calm waters, under a moonlit sky, a slight breeze cooling my container. But, the worst part was I had no control over where I went, what I was exposed to, or what my purpose was. This was my life and I decided I better get used to it, or just shrivel up into crumbles of paper. Then what would be the result of it all? No one would ever see my message. My life experiences would mean nothing to me or to anyone. And the one who placed me in the bottle would not have my purpose fulfilled. So I let go and decided to enjoy the journey. I smiled at the sun, waved back at the waves, rolled with the sea creatures and just generally bobbed along with a little more spring in my bottle. I was a lot more enjoyable to be around. And I felt my message was not fading, but rather was getting clearer and deeper. I was living into the message. It became me.

Then one day, I found I was no longer bobbing along on the sea. I had stopped. My bottle lay still. I was on dry land. And then, I was surrounded by people. I was raised up, my container broken open and my message unfurled. It pronounced to all:
I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU.
This was my purpose – a holy purpose, a sacred message.”
By Mary Lou White
In this season of rebirth and love, celebrate life, purpose and meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment