Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sitting on the Edge

We are in graduation season! This is a time of changes, transitions and new beginnings. Such times are filled with tears as we say good-bye to things past yet also with joy and anticipation as we look to the hope and possibilities before us. We all face transitions throughout our lives. They may initially fill us with fear and anxiety or caution and hesitation. But if we look beyond ourselves and take the risk, we may just find the peace and fulfillment we seek.

SITTING ON THE EDGE

Sitting on the edge of life
I peer in
It looks deep
In fact, so deep I cannot see the bottom
If I slip, I could fall endlessly
But if I stay here, will I miss something
In the illusion of safety?

Sitting on the edge of life
I wonder
Others have been here before me
I have seen their footprints
But here I am in my own shoes
I can learn from others
But I must create my own path.

Sitting on the edge of life
I dive in
Why not?
What do I have to lose
But the illusion of control and safety?
And I find the water warm and welcoming
Soft and silky against my skin
And the depths are stunning
In their beauty and mystery.

Come on in! The water’s fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment